In Today's Folder You Will Find:
- Permission form High Rollers (Gr. 3, 4 & 5)
- Food Service Statements/Order Form
(negative balances only)
-ACS Student Ambassador Application.
- Viterbo V-Hawk Summer Girls’ Basketball
- Rush WI West Soccer Tryout Schedule
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Thursday, May 25 – Day 4
- Track Meet Onalaska High School (Gr. 5 & 6)
9:30 a.m. -2 p.m.
-Last Supervised Study 3-4:30 p.m.
Friday, May 26 – Day 5
- **All SCHOOLLIBRARY MATERIALS DUE!
- ** Last Day of Aftercare
Monday, May 29 – No School – Memorial Day
*Memorial Day Parade-AHS/AMS Band participates.
Tuesday, May 30 – Day 6
- Media Center Helper Lunch.
Wednesday, May 31 – Day 1
- Eagle Spirit Day.
- 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. 6th Grade Commencement
Thursday, June 1 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- 9:00 a.m. School Mass – Mrs. Weiske’s class leads & Fr. Berger is our celebrant (Dress Code Shorts/Capris are acceptable).
-SOAR Group activity.
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. High Rollers for skating, pizza lunch. (Grade 3-5).
3 p.m. Dismissal for Summer Break!
FOOD SERVICE BALANCES
As the end of the year approaches, we ask that all lunch accounts be kept current. If you have questions regarding your student(s) account, please contact the school office. We appreciate your assistance with this matter.
EXTRA YEARBOOKS FOR SALE
Parents: Please note that all medications that have been kept in the school office for your student will be sent home with your student on Thursday, June 1.
We have a few extra Yearbooks for sale in the school office for $15. Please make checks payable to ACS.
Aquinas High School FRC Team4011 πρbotics
SUMMER READING - LIBRARY
On Friday, May 19th Dana Johnson visited school to share with students the Summer Reading programs at the La Crosse Public Library. Third, fourth and fifth graders can participate in "Build a Better World" program. A yellow sheet of activities went home with these students, pick up a reading log at the library when you register. Fifth and sixth graders can participate in the Teen Program, which is a blue brochure sent home with students. Pick up the raffle entry sheets at the library. Many exciting activities are planned for both programs and all students are invited to participate from May 30 to July28th. Rewards include a brand new free book to choose and a free day at 2 of the cities pools in August. Brochures are posted on school community board and you may contact any of the city public libraries for more information. Students who continue to read during the summer (books, magazines, audio books, ebooks etc) come back as stronger learners in the fall.
End of the year report cards for all students will be mailed during the week of June 5, 2017. Additionally, if you owe money for food service, that bill will be included with your report card.
AVOID THE “SUMMER SLIDE”
I realize that EVERYBODY is looking forward to a break from the structure and work of school. The break is necessary for reCREATion! With as little as 20 minutes three or four times a week, however, you can help your child avoid the “summer slide.” Here are some suggestions:
Chicken Q Fundraiser
Thursday June 8th 11AM until Gone
Big Lots Parking Lot on Mormon Coulee
1/2 Chicken, Potato salad, beans and a roll.
Provided by Premiere Catering
For Pre sales please contact a team 4011 member or call Aquinas High School Office 784.0287
Deliveries can be arranged.
Have a great summer!
Kay Berra, School Principal
- Read every day (newspapers, comic books, novels, cookbooks, magazines).
- PRACTICE MATH FACTS! Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication. Use flashcards or an app that you like. This is essential for students to be able to move forward. When students are struggling to recall math facts, counting on fingers or using a multiplication chart; they cannot get to proficiency in the higher level order.
- Have children, plan at least one meal a week, prepare the shopping list, use a budget, cook, serve, and clean up.
- Follow a recipe and bake a treat, create a nice card, and share the treat with a neighbor or other family member.
- Keep a journal on family trip. Use a map to trace the route. Write out a postcard.
- Write a letter to a family member or friend.
- Attend a Parish Mass during the week and look for weekend Mass at a parish in the town your family is visiting or vacationing.
- Offer a decade of the Rosary each day with family or friends.
- Pack a container of flashcards, puzzle books, coloring books, maps, whiteboards and markers, etc. for the car and spend some time with these things rather than with only electronic devices.
- NEVER , EVER say “I’m bored!”